- Outdoor Adventure Consultancy is run by Andy Hall.
- Presently he works as an Associate Lecturer in Outdoor Adventure at the University of Central Lancashire (UCLan) at their Outdoor Centre. At other times he works for Plas Y Brenin, Elan Valley Lodge, Jagged Globe, World Challenge, and Interski.
- He was, for 22 years, Headteacher at Arthog Outdoor Education Centre, a large residential centre run for Telford+ Wrekin Council in Snowdonia, North Wales.
- He has run courses and expeditions in mountain areas worldwide.
- Some of his favourite trips have been: 1st descent of the Sun Kosi, Nepal in 1980, 1st descent of the Rio Urumbamba Peru in 1984, Climbing Diamond Couloir Mt Kenya 1989, Skiing up down and around Mt Elbrus 1995, Climbing on Lotus Flower Tower and descending the Nahanni 2004, Surfing Senegal 2010, it's hard to choose!
- Outdoor centres are inspected for Canoe Wales.
- Andy is highly qualified in a variety of activities: he holds the
MIC ( Mountain Instructor Certificate)
IML (International Mountain Leader)
Level 5 A5 Inland Kayak
Level 4 Canoe
Level 4 Aspirant 5 Surf
Level 4 Sea
BASI Level 2 (British Association of Snowsports Instructors) with European Mountain Safety Level 4 (off piste skiing module)
English Snowsports Level 4 Coach (IVSI)
RYA Day Skipper
British Cycling Trail Cycle Leader
Rescue 3 Swiftwater Rescue Technician
He has a current REC First Aid certificate, CRB, Child protection Course and a PCV Minibus Licence with MiDAS
And if you need 2 or more staff, or qualified staff in different activities OAC has a wide network of freelance staff to draw on, all qualified in their own fields.
Accomodation can be outsourced at special rates.
Outdoor Adventure Consultancy can provide advice to other Outdoor Education providers such as Outdoor Education centres as a Technical Adviser. This will enable providers to operate with appropriate safety remits as advised by the Adventure Activity Licensing Service (AALS) See www.aala.org.uk